Copper and copper alloys are widely used in industrial applications due to its heat and electrical conductivity, malleablity and ductility, machinability and wear resistance. Copper beryllium alloys are non-magnetic and corrosion resistant in addition to excellent heat and electrical conductors. Products manufactured from forged copper are able to withstand high temperatures and higher loads than other materials. They are also able to perform well in high stress applications with lower unexpected failures than materials manufactured using other methods.
Forged copper products are used in all industries in a wide range of products from electronic components to marine equipment. Products manufactured using copper alloys include:
- Electrical assemblies, including connectors, fittings and caps
- Electronic components, including connectors
- Pump and valve components for high wear and corrosive environments
- Seals and gaskets for high wear, high temperature and corrosive environments
- Fittings for high temperature equipment
- Power plant applications
All Metals & Forge Group maintains a full inventory of copper for use in our open die forgings, including seamless rolled rings, discs, hubs, blocks, shafts, flanges and other forged shapes that can be machined into finished parts. We manufacture custom tool steel forgings to meet ASTM, AMS, ASME B16.47, NACE or corporate specifications, including odd sizes and custom lengths. Custom chemistry material can be melted to your non-standard alloy specifications to meet the needs of your application.
Copper Forging Capabilities
Our capabilities include prototypes or one-offs, small runs, full production quantities and just-in-time inventory supply for long term contracts. Some of the products we forge and processes we use for copper forgings include:
- Flat bar blocks up to 120” width and 60,000 lbs.
- Cylinders and sleeves up to 84” maximum O.D. and 108” maximum length
- Discs and hubs up to 96” diameter and 75,000 lbs.
- Rolled, hand forged or mandrel forged rings up to 216” maximum O.D. and 65” maximum length
- Rounds, shafts and step shafts up to 420” maximum length and 80,000 lbs.
- Forged-in steps or contours to reduce finish machining time and material waste
- Quenching and tempering, normalizing, or annealing of forgings
We offer value-added services, including rough machining, heat treating, cutting, machining, rolling and welding to ensure that your finished product is delivered to you ready for finish machining. All forgings are rough machined to your forging print and include material test reports (MTRs), reports on mechanical and physical properties, and ultrasonic, X-ray and non-destructive testing (NDT) reports as ordered or specified.
All Metals & Forge Group is ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100:2009 Rev. C certified and provides 100% inspection and reporting on each forging delivered to its customers so you can be assured that 100% of your parts are manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards.
All Metals & Forge Group provides more information about Copper Alloys.
We also provide a Full List of Forging Alloys
Inventory of of Copper Alloys