Tool Steel Forgings
Popular Tool Steel Alloys:
Forged tool steel components are primarily used to cut and machine other types of metals, such as alloy steel, carbon steel, nickel alloys, aluminum, and magnesium. Tool steel forgings main characteristic is that it is harder than the material that it is cutting or machining; therefore, tool steel forgings are always used in the heat treated condition.
All Metals & Forge Group maintains a full inventory of tool steels for use in our open die forgings, including seamless rolled rings, discs & hubs, blocks, shafts, flanges and other forged shapes that can be machined into finished parts. We manufacture custom tool steel forgings to meet ASTM, AMS, ASME B16.47, NACE or corporate specifications, including odd sizes and custom lengths. Custom chemistry material can be melted to your non-standard alloy specifications to meet the needs of your application.
There are a multitude of tool steel groups, such as air hardening, oil hardening, water hardening, and shock resisting, as well as cold working, hot working, high speed, mold steels and special purpose tool steel. Please see our complete list of alloys for more information.
Manufactured Components using Tool Steels
- Tools and dies used for molding, casting and stamping
- Machine tools
- Drill bits and end mills
- Trimmers and cutting tools
- Wear plates
- Tooling blocks
- Mining equipment components
Forging Capabilities with Tool Steel
Our capabilities include prototypes or one-offs, small runs, full production quantities and just-in-time inventory supply for long term contracts. Some of the products we forge and processes we use for tool steel forgings include:
- Flat bar blocks up to 60″ width and 10,000 lbs.
- Cylinders and sleeves up to 72″ maximum O.D. and 96″ maximum length
- Discs and hubs up to 80″ diameter and 15,000 lbs.
- Rolled, hand forged or mandrel forged rings up to 80″ maximum O.D. and 65″ maximum length
- Rounds, shafts and step shafts up to 220″ maximum length and 10,000 lbs.
- Forged-in steps or contours to reduce finish machining time and material waste
- Quenching and tempering, normalizing, or annealing of forgings.
We offer value-added services, including rough machining, heat treating, cutting, machining, rolling and welding to ensure that your finished product is delivered to you ready for finish machining. All forgings are rough machined to your forging print and include mill test reports (MTRs), reports on mechanical and physical properties, and ultrasonic, X-ray and non-destructive testing (NDT) reports as ordered or specified.
All Metals & Forge Group is ISO 9001:2008 and AS/EN9100:2009 Rev C certified and provides 100% inspection and reporting on each forging delivered to its customers so you can be assured that 100% of your parts are manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards.
All Metals & Forge Group provides more information about Tool Steel.